Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Stitches #2

Well, Joey got his second set of stitches last month, three in his chin (he really needed 4, but he is too strong to be held down for that long)

We had been cleaning the house all day, spic 'n span for Bill's bday weekend, I had just pledged the kitchen table and I guess some got onto the floor. Joey was running around so excited for his Da to see what we had done for him that he fell face first on the slippery tile floor. It was terrible!!!!!!!!

So we take him to the Mayo ER. Joey is being very brave and smiling, flirting with all the women nurses. The Dr walks in and he is VERY young. He looks at it and says that he definitely must have stitches that the glue won't work. Then....he asks us point blank, not joking "Will he just lay there while we do it?" I am now ashamed to say I laughed out loud. What planet did this MAYO DR just jettison from. Will he just lay there?! Is that a joke!!!!!

So come time to do the stitches instead of bringing a nice strong orderly with him he brings a small petite, looks like she is going to pass out from the blood Resident. After one stitch and all the force that me, Bill and Miss "I am going to Puke but I want to be a NeuroSurgeon" (that is actually what her tag said) have we had to take a break.

Anyway, by stitch #3 Dr. "Will he just lay there" decided to quit. I cannot blame him, let me tell you folks Joey Z. is a strong kid when being held down. But after it was over he loved his stitches and was showing them to everyone. We went to Target and got an assortment of cool band aids. He thought he was Joe Cool!

No comments: